Do I Need Drug Rehab for My Prescription Addiction?
When you go to the doctor for help with a medical issue, you don’t expect to be handed one of the most addictive substances on this planet. Unfortunately, that is the case for many patients. Opioids are found in numerous pain, anxiety, and antidepressant medications prescribed to countless Americans daily. Along with opioids, addictive stimulants are offered to patients at an alarming rate. Many of these patients don’t realize that these pharmaceuticals are just as dangerous as their drug counterparts sold on the street for recreational use. Prescription addiction is responsible for over half of the overdose deaths that occur yearly. The Wellness Retreat Recovery Center makes drug rehab available for those addicted to prescription medications.
How can I Tell if I’m Addicted?
- You see more than one doctor for more than one prescription medication.
- You do not follow prescription instructions, taking more than the prescribed dosage.
- You take the dosage more often than prescribed.
- You have tried to stop taking the medication but failed in the attempt.
- You experience withdrawal side effects when you abstain from the drug.
- You have stolen prescription medication to get your fix.
- You experience irritability when you haven’t taken your medication for a while.
- You sleep too little or too much.
- You find yourself making decisions you wouldn’t have before prescribed the medication.
- You take your prescription for the desired high effects.
Commonly Abused Prescription Medicines Include:
- Many others
Drug Rehab for Prescribed Medications
Depending on the class of the drug addiction, treatment may vary. In most cases, detox will be necessary. Some medications can be administered to help with certain drug withdrawals, like opioid addiction. Clinical, medical, and psychiatric approaches are all proven to help with addiction treatment for those who have a history with pharmaceutical medication addiction. Early detection gives greater chance for treatment recovery, so seeking help immediately is important. Be sure to talk to your doctor about your medication schedule before entering rehab. Your doctor may tell you that it is unsafe to stop taking your medication or give you a substitute prescription to take during drug rehab.
Choosing The Wellness Retreat Recovery Center as your Drug Rehab for Prescriptions
The Wellness Retreat Recovery Center aids all who struggle with addiction, include prescription addictions. We understand that every addict has their own past that led up to their addictions. We pride ourselves in taking an individualized approach to each client, recognizing their mental, physical, and medical needs throughout treatment. We understand that each client has their own set of treatment needs that when provided, give the best available outcome of success for recovery. If you are ready to start your prescription drug rehab recovery, please contact us on our website today.