Continuing to Serve
The medical and clinical staff at Wellness Retreat are working together to provide a safe and secure environment for our patients during the unique situation and challenges brought upon by COVID-19. While we cannot reduce the risk completely, our prevention program is set up to ensure safe practices and slow the spread.
- All new patients are required to be tested for COVID-19 before they can be admitted into the facility. Additional tests may be added depending on the patient’s location. Tests can be mailed to the patient’s home with returning results after 24 to 48 hours. We can also help patients locate the nearest testing facility for immediate results.
- The staff is asked to isolate themselves when they are not at work.
- Employees are required to update their supervisors if they are experiencing any symptoms.
- Symptoms and temperature of staff are checked prior to each shift. Employees who experience even minimal symptoms are instructed to remain home and get tested immediately. They will only return to work once the test comes back negative.
- We have premium access to testing, which includes a stock of saliva PCR and antibody testing, on-site for immediate use. We also have streamlined local lab relationships for the gold standard nasopharyngeal PCR testing or chest CT scan.
- Patients will have access to testing and contact tracing. If isolation becomes necessary patients will be given electronic media to continue therapy sessions online.
- In the event of a patient contracting COVID-19, medical treatment will be provided and patients will be monitored until they have recovered.
- Masks are mandatory throughout the facility by staff and patients.
- Family visits are only allowed through zoom.
- Common and office areas are sanitized after each appointment.
- Hypochlorous acid is used to sanitize the entire facility. The non-toxic fog decreased the risk of airborne or surface transmission.